A rocket science friend sent me an article posted on the BBC, titled: “How will the universe end, and could anything survive. “ The article contained some known (Big Crunch, Inflation) and unknown (Heat Death, Phantom Dark Energy) concepts to me. But reading through all of these got me thinking: how many sci-fi works have been written about the end of the universe or at least close to it all ending? The answer is, quite a few.
- H.G. Wells: The Time Traveler
- Isaac Asimov: The Last Question
- Frederick Pohl: World At The End Of Time
- Poul Anderson: Tau Zero
- Federico Campagna: The Last Night
- Charles Sheffield: Tomorrow and Tomorrow; Between The Strokes Of Night
These are to name a few, but here is a link, where I found these and more:
I might just have to write one, a short story, involving….. well, I will keep that one hidden for now, but I like what I’m thinking.